The Institute for Democracy, Citizenship and Public Policy in Africa seeks to hire a Network Data Manager for Afrobarometer’s UCT-based Data Management team. Afrobarometer conducts public attitude surveys in approximately 35 African countries, representing more than three-quarters of the population of the continent.
• Master’s degree in social science, statistics, or information sciences
• Ability to speak, work and write fluently in English
• Minimum of two years of experience in large-scale data collection and management, preferably in a multinational context
• Experience with electronic data capture systems
• Proficiency with data processing and management
• Proficiency in statistical analysis software packages such as SPSS or Stata; including with creating SPSS syntax files, Stata do files or the equivalent; SPSS experience preferred, although familiarity with Stata or other packages is acceptable
• Minimum of intermediate level competency in use of social statistics, including familiarity with data weighting
• Proficiency using Excel
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multinational environment
• Strong organizational, leadership and people management skills, as well as ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to produce well-written activity reports, as well as at least basic analyses of data
• High level of attention to detail is essential
• Availability for regular travel
• Teaching/training, including introducing beginners to new software and technologies
Deadline: 03 June 2019.
Download the flyer for more details.