After its first 20 years of growth under the leadership of its co-founders and an executive committee, Afrobarometer in 2019 completed an extensive organizational review before launching a revised structure emphasizing partnership, capacity building, and sustainability.
Changes include Afrobarometer’s formal registration as a non-profit corporation headquartered in Ghana and steps in 2019-2020 to strengthen governance, management oversight, strategic adaptability, resource mobilization, and African capacity-building programs.
The new infrastructure will also enable Afrobarometer to make its wealth of data – an open-source global public good – more accessible, timely, and relevant to a wider range of users.
Please click on the links below to find out more about Afrobarometer’s leadership.
Board of directors:
- Chief Executive Officer: E. Gyimah-Boadi
- Chief Operating Officer: Felix Biga
- Director of Engagement: Bruno van Dyk
- Director of Survey: TBA
- Director of Analysis: Carolyn Logan
- Director of Capacity Building: TBA
Core partner directors:
- Henry Kwasi Prempeh (Ghana Center for Democratic Development - CDD Ghana)
- Jan Hofmeyr (Institute for Justice and Reconciliation - IJR)
- Winnie Mitullah (Institute for Development Studies - IDS)