Afrobarometer’s aim is to enable ordinary Africans to be more informed about what people in their countries and across the region think about social, political and economic issues. We want to give a voice to those who might not otherwise be heard.
To help us achieve our goal, we receive funding from the following organisations and institutions below.
Core donors for Afrobarometer Rounds 5 and 6 include:
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
- Department for International Development
- United States Agency for International Development
- World Bank
Supplemental funding is provided by:
- Institute for Security Studies (South Africa)
- United States Institute of Peace
- Transparency International
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Duke University China Research Center